Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A warrior will always be a warrior. I am not schooling anymore but my loyalty for the UE Community is still as strong as the time I was there. I originally wanted to enroll at University of Sto. Tomas but after learning that a close friend will study at UE, I decided to go with her. Now the rest is history. I met a bunch of nice people. I learned from my experiences in and outside the university.
The figure shows Lualhati, a famous UE legend. There's a lot of myth about her like, what I heard once that she was a beauty queen and that her ghost is just around the campus. But those are just word-of-mouth. If you go to UE, you'll see her monument at the Quadrangle. That's how prominent Lualhati is.
Lualhati is in fact a real person in the name of Ms. Ofelia Salas. I took these pictures during the 66th Anniversary of the university.
Manila Mayor Alfredo Lim and PBA legend Jawo are just among UE's famous alumni. It was a pleasure to become part of the UE Community, given that some of highly respected individuals came here.
Jaworski was the superstar of his time. Now James Yap is making name as one of the most competitive ballers in the professional league.
We have a foreign priest at UE, but I cannot remember his name. Obviously, it's not exam period...the chapel was not crowded this time.
I was lucky they let me take pictures at the Archival Exhibit. There they displayed the memorabilia, awards, trophies, publications, and old photos of the university.
Some of the publications were displayed inside the library, which happens to be my favorite spot in the whole school. I go there during breaks just to read books or sometimes enjoy WI-FI.
Since it's Foundation Week, the school runs a couple of contests for students like cupcake designing, beauty pageants, and singing contests.
Would you think this one's edible? She's too beautiful to be eaten. And here's more!
These cake statues were entries for the cake-making contest by HRM students.
I badly wanted to taste these cupcakes but I was afraid they might catch me!
The pretty candidates for the Hiyas ng Kalikasan contest. I didn't watch the whole event because I was busy with the cupcakes.
UE Students know for sure how popular shawarmas are during Foundation Week. We have the most number of Iranian students throughout U-Belt, that's why. And Iranians are not the only ones who love shawarma, most of us actually do!
Besides shawarma, studes also look forward for frappes. You know that kind of swag when you hold a frappe while walking at the campus? LOL. But they're my favorite as well. I love the feeling I get whenever I drink a venti of yummy cappuccino frappe.
 Happy belly! Munching over Goldilocks mamon and frappe while the professor was out. Ciao!

All content on Wanderlust Tales is owned by Famay Idea unless stated otherwise. Powered by Blogger.
 
Copyright (c) 2010 Wanderlust Tales. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.